Monday, December 10, 2007

Facial Hair

Aim: To see if Facial hair dye products for men can work on women with acceptable results.

Method:

Purchase product from local chemist ($11.90 Light Brown)

In absence of 'me time' (thats what I call the time I usually spend wanking) I decide to do something stupid so I went to the bathroom late at night and locked the door.

Strip down (incase of product spillage)

Mix small amount of mixture and do test (My leg hairs which are brown and my arm hairs which are blond like my face were the victims here)

Wait 5 minutes (the maximum time advised)

Wash off.

Then apply to face.

Results: Ok on my arm and legs there was no change in colour really. So when I applied it to my face I doubled the recommenced time (a little over 10 minutes).

I applied the mixture along my jawline so Id have sideburns.

After 10 minutes I washed the mixture off... and this is the funny part... The hair dye stains skin. So I had dark marks down my jaw. I managed to wash a fair bit of it away but there was still noticable patches.

But by morning it was all gone.

Never underestimate the power of a porous rock.

Being not too bright, I decided to repeat the process as first time had mixed results.

This time round I did sideburns and a goatee.

And this time round, the results were worse than a few black marks...Apart from my skin being stained the smell of the dye was really overpowering and I pretty much suffocated myself with ammonia. It was really bad. I almost called the poison information line.

I could taste the crap in my mouth and my chest felt incredibly tight. Just in general, I felt pretty bad. I washed it off after the 10 minutes and then began drinking a lot of water. It helped some bit. Also relaxing and letting the feeling pass helped.

The results in my hairs are as follows -

My hairdresser had cut the hair down by my ears back really short so the hair growing there is just like the stuff on my head. Thicker than normal body hair and ofcourse, longer. (its sparing but whats there has grown back to be about 3-5mm)

That hair had the best results. It turned black. Its rather noticable.

Id shaved a few days before so all hair on my face would only be a milimetre or so long.

There was no change to any other hair on my face. Its still blonde but I do intend to repeat this process after the hair has grown a substancial length

Conclusion: Unless the hair on your face is either long or thick, you arent going to get very good results.


In other news, the local supermarket sells medicine spoons at 3 bucks! Cheap!! I bought one and am in the process of making a new STP Device. Unfortunately the tube on this one seems a bit narrow(er) so Im a little iffy about how effective its gonna be in the end. Only time will tell!!


Btw, here is something I found.
A list of surveys by FTM trans men (from all ends of the spectrum). The questions are about testosterone levels, injections, suppliment alternatives, time frames on effects, doctors and opinions on results.

Here is the link

No comments: