Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Doppelganger

A boy wakes up in a double bed. One arm stretched far and the other close to his bare chest. His small fingers touching the emptiness.

It feels rather lonely.

But not for long, he thinks to himself with a smile.

And with that thought propells himself out of bed, ready to repeat the daily routine.

A mouth full of pills chased with water.
An application of Gel.
Quick email check.
Finish dressing.
Then off to work.

Lunch swings round later than usual and this boy is still too busy to sit and eat. He takes it to go while lurking the busy streets, visiting shops, chatting up the assistants and admiring the finely dressed maniquins.

"See you later, Alex!" They say as he leaves the shop a newly bought shirt in hand.

Its back to work for a few more hours before heading home. Another day done.

Its somewhere during the ride home that something strange happens.
A transformation.
Where the young boy in the train seems to fade away and a young girl takes his place. Although the change is slow and usually unseen to the untrained eye the difference is obvious.


This second character is nervous, visibly confused and submissive. Her aura murky and face cast down.

This girl goes 'home' to 'her family' and has dinner with them. She meets the neighbours and family friends and replies vaguely about what she is doing in 'her life'.

Then again, at some undefinable point between walking down the hallway and shutting the door to a bedroom, this girl disappears again.

And there stands only Alex in his room.

People tell him often "You look so different to how I saw you before"

To which he replies "You didnt see me before. It was a doppelganger"


~*~*~

Yes, Ive noticed that Alex and this person whom my parents refer to as their "daughter" are now living seperate lives.

I...find it....important. As much as I dont like it. It keeps the peace.

My mother and brother both reject what Im doing. For different reasons.

I realised that its always been that my brother enjoys making me feel bad by picking on everything I do.

I think there is a lot of irony to the problem really. He blames my mother for his low self esteem and asks me to 'join his side' when infact it is he that has destroyed my self esteem and my mother who has preserved whats left of it.

Anyway,

Not having support from family or from someone you admire sucks. I dont really enjoy living this doppelganger life. I wish my mother and I could both have this journey together.

Im having a second childhood. I still want her there for it.

My brother can burn in hell though. If he dislikes me that much and wants me dead then thats all cool. Im not the least bit fazed about leaving his life. (ah, am I too cold perhaps?)

Any other news: My arms doesnt hurt as much! Also, I got a hair cut.
The End

1 comment:

Benedict 16th said...

With the brother (this is a bit cruel so do not do it!)... Question his sexuality in front of mum....

this may have several effects - including

1) Guys his age ALWAYS question their sexuality - so it will hit home
2) It will give mum some food for thought so that she may actually think Alex is not "that bad" when she considers the alternatives
3) It may trigger somewhere in mum's distant past that maybe - just maybe, she had some F2M traits that she denies or was never brave enough to act out upon
4) You being nice to him would confuse the hell out of him, and just that alone should be worth the price of admission**

Alternatively- the good Alex - would facilitate a special favour for his brother..., a chance to score perhaps?
1) Brother will have reached Nirvana and may actually be nice to Alex
2) A BLOKE™ will always try to effect a score for another BLOKE™ *
3) His self esteem may just improve a smidgin
4) You being nice to him would confuse the hell out of him, and just that alone should be worth the price of admission**

Benedict
Evil in ways only a pope*** could be evil

* unless it diminished Bloke1's chances of scoring
** yes double entendre intended - after all it's what a BLOKE™ would do
*** and I do not mean the the sprinklers or related products