Thursday, February 21, 2008

Re: A hairy problem

Facial hair... Im sorry. Im obsessed. Waffles knows it. I know it. My darling girlfriend knows it.

And by now you should all have noticed. So let me do my ranting.

I LOVE grooming myself.
Love it.

For me it allows me to be creative and work on myself like I was a fresh lump of clay.

So facial hair for me... is...very important. Its a very defining feautre. So before I dive into attacking "Its a chore"... I wanna complain a little...

1. Exfoliate
Please. I beg you.
If you do nothing else I suggest - do this.

Its very unattractive to see men with faces that look like a hairy bowl of frosty flakes.

Buy some sort of exfoliating device and just give your face a nice scrub over when your in the shower. It takes about 1 minute - tops.

You'll get a better (closer) shave this way.

And if your face is really turning into a cornflake crisis you might wanna get some cream for that. Im not sure if antidandruff works with facial hair but a moisturiser will solve this problem (temporarily). Also check if your aftershave or what not has alcohol it in because yeh... that will dry you out

Side note: Exfoliate as the last thing you do before leaving the shower.


2. Peach Fluff
Yes, a little bit of fluff can be exciting for every young man. But please dont try and grow it. Its there to be shaven. Trust me.
Ive seen an alarming amount of young (bio)guys growing there fluff.

You look like a walrus

If you dont wanna shave it off then atleast trim it back a little.

3. Shavers Vs Blades
I have little respect for shavers.
There... I said it.


Other notes:
- Dont shave first thing in the morning. Your face is all puffy in the morning and not a great thing to shave.
- Wash your face with warm water. It allows the hair particles to swell making them easier to cut
- Have a method. Usually best to start at the sideburns, move to the cheek, neck and then do your goatee and upper lips and such.


Ok now Im gonna go onto this chore thing....
Really? You think so?
Hmmm.... Seeing as I have no facial hair I dont know first hand (which removes all credibility to my ranting)

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read your comment Fatal was that women have a lot more to shave and yet still have the time for it....yeh what gives?
...
.....
and yeh some of them are also shaving there face (god, Im so jealous)

ALRIGHT! My brother is home and Im using his computer. God forbid he come in and read what Im doing and gimme another lecture that starts in the age old way of "I know better than you so do as I say..."

2 comments:

The Fatalist said...

Come on Alex! (not literally!)

It's been a week now since you blogged! You waiting for your beard to grow before you do, or what?

Foilwoman said...

Alex: Even without hormones, by the time you're my age, you'll either need to tweeze or shave, so just hurry up and wait, okay? (Not really, I know all this stuff is quite loaded with gender expectations and all that crap. But good for you for exploring it.)