Saturday, November 10, 2007

Shower revelation

I get a lot of good thinking done in the shower. And today I had a thought I should publish here.

I was wondering about how I would explain how I feel about my identity issues to someone. And I came up with this.

Its like being given high heels to play soccer in. The wrong equipment to play the game.

What I mean is, for all the things about me, it would have been better if I was a boy. With my body, its an uphill battle and there are just some things I cant do. No matter how hard I train I can never be as strong as another male fighter. I cant make the family I want. I cant get married to the woman I love. I'll always have a social barrier with my brothers based on my gender.

I hate being reminded of how Im a gender-fraud, if you will. How Im inadequate.

My girlfriend accidently brought it up twice in the last 24 hours. One remark being about the bedroom (ouch). I feel physically sick from the anger and self-hate and then the hate directed at men in general for getting it easy.

So the question is - how can I deal with it?

1 comment:

kuni said...

I bet you learn human's muscles and bones.I guess that good to get how to massage or stretching for others. Lets get physical and let others hear your body talk like Olivie NewtonJohn !!

kuni