Sunday, November 11, 2007

Gay Pride Parade

Today Adelaide had its Gay Pride parade and a gay friend of mine was flagging (google it) in the parade so I decided to go (along with some straight friends) for support.

After getting lost in the city (My fault) we found were the parade started. It planned to start at six but like we joked, they waited for us. So at around 20 past 6 the parade started.

Ive never seen so many gay people before.

Actually, Ive never really seen any gay people before.

There were so many people, all different kinds of people. It was amazing. And the energy!

We walked for like an hour. It was awesome. People were dancing and cheering and waving. I was totally awe struck!

I wore my badge I bought in Japan. It has a rainbow on it and underneth that it says "I dont even THINK straight!". I thought it was really cool and I finally had an opportunity to wear it!!!

I saw some drag queens so I got my photo taken with one of them. I was pretty happy.



My mother wasnt really happy about me going but she let me go. She was more concerned that I would be taken part in it. My friends and I did join the crowd and march with everyone...so is that taken part?

Oh well, she was kind enough to let me stay out until then.

I met another gay friend at the event (at the end of the parade there was a big party). We talked a little. Catch up and stuff. But most of the night I hung out with my friends and stuff like that.

Here are just some photos from the parade...and of me :)






No comments: