Thursday, November 29, 2007

She-Man - Protector of diversity and castle greyskull

Its all good and well for someone to tell you something.
But thats boring.

And in the end, you dont learn.

Life is about experience.

No matter what people tell me, its up to me and my own time to figure it out and make sense of it all. In the end, my word is final.

So lets look at what I've learnt today!!!

But First, I wanna say Hi and Thank you to Foilwoman (I hope I got ur username correct) who commented on the last blog. Its nice to know people are reading and getting something out of it. It also does wonders for my ego. So thanks and I hope I dont bore you too much. Ive noticed I ramble...

Ok, now onto today's learnings!!

Out of boredom and the lust for a good read I went back to http://ftmaustralia.org

I then snooped around and fell onto this

http://www.ftmaustralia.org/publications/table.html

And I read with enthusiasm because my brother's fiancee asked me the difference between transgender and transexual and I could reply only vaguely.

I found this table really clear and in simple small words easy enough for someone as messed up as me to read and understand.

This table made me understand something else that may seem really stupid to you. And you've probably been reading all along going 'Alex you dingbat what the hell are you smoking Jeeves?' while Ive been complaining about how lost Ive been feeling anyway!!!!

So yeh.. the stories online and so on and so forth are mainly written by transexuals (please see the yellow list thing to know what that is..)

They talk about how they've always felt wrong and so on and so forth and how straight-forward the gender correction seemed and yada yada yada..

Which left me going WTF!!! What about me? Thats not how I feel!! I mean, I relate to you in some parts...but... but but but!!

And that was all very confusing..and it seems pretty damn obvious though that transexuals and transgenders are different..but somewhere in the heat of all this mess I forgot that detail.

So lets look at Transgender (The blue column).. Yeh.. thats me.

A mix of genders and just...yeh... it just made me go "Yeh! thats how I feel!!"

Please also look at the bottom of that page there is a link next to EXAMPLES that says "statements by transgender FTM people". And beside that there is one for Transexuals. Those are good to read and I suggest you read them

So lets summarise. And review Alex's to-do-list

1. Im transgender. A mix of a boy and a girl
2. I intend to change my name officially to Alexander E. M. Fry (Yes, I have chosen a middle name!!! YAY!!) on my 18th Birthday next year. So I have plenty of time to change my mind.
3. Im still left to decide whether Im happy to keep my female body or not. Probably not. Lol.
4. I am to offer my service in some way to educate people about diversity.

Ok now Im gonna talk about what happened today and im gonna do it in dot form because it looks nice and it'll stop the rambles.

1. I pissed on myself this morning. Teaching the valuable lesson when using the Stand-to-Pee device 'Close enough is NOT good enough' in regards to placing it under your urethra.

2. I started my first day of work. Im at the deli at a supermarket. Its nice.

3. Tomorrow is my girlfriend and my four-month anniversary, NOT TODAY as I mistook it

4. The burns on my feet are healing nicely and I can walk. How did I get them? You'll never know.


Stay tuned folks as I update sometime this weekend with those photos I promised, more grammatical errors and anything else that reveals itself to me

Be healthy and always have atleast 5 things about yourself you love
Ciao

2 comments:

Foilwoman said...

Thanks for the hello, Alex. Glad to see the antipodes have their own superhero. Foilwoman is rather busy dealing with idiots here in DC (1600 Pennsylvania really needs about a dozen superheroes to keep the idiot in residence from blowing up the world), and am glad to know that Oz is safe. Take care, kiddo

Benedict 16th said...

Foilest - and Alex -
I do recall in the 1990's a "device" that enabled young ladies (sorry Alex but it was marketed to FTF) for going camping and being able to urinate on a tree....
It was made of waxed paper and was disposable.
No longer available probably - I'm sure it must still be available in a Chindogu store somewhere....
Benedict