Tuesday, July 15, 2008

S.A. UNIT

A member from the FTMAustralia forum posted this and I thought it would be nice to share as it mentions my pysch (Dr. Lyons) and addressing some ideas I was toying with in my mind.

--

With all the new SA guys, I feel compelled to say that it is possible
to fight the SA unit - to an extent.

Two examples, Rob Lyons won't tell you that the minimum he needs to
see you (to ensure his duty of care) is every three months, not every
month.

Also, if you get referred to Dr Tony Roberts as your endo, he will
insist all he is allowed to prescribe is Sustanon 250 / three weeks.
However, he has a habit of giving you a bit more than a year's worth
on one script (I actually couldn't fill my last repeat because the
script was too old). Ask him to give you 6 shots at once (saves
pharmacy dispensing fee, if you go to the Chemist Warehouse near DJ's
you'll get it for the authority script price, i.e. ~$62). When you
start getting the new script six weeks early, all you need to say is
that your GP adjusted the dose (mine did after blood tests). Two weeks
is the standard dosing schedule (it even says so in the patient
information), so the pharmacist shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Unfortunately, for surgery you're kind of stuck. This one, even I went
interstate for. I'd recommend against allowing Lyons to find out
you're seeking care elsewhere as he will be a real pain about it when
he sees you and he will jeopardise your treatment interstate (i.e. by
instructing an interstate psych not to treat you). But you have to
weigh up how you feel about being dishonest, depending on how you play
this one.

FWIW. The SA unit doe not conform to the WPATH SOC and is in fact
moving against those treatment guidelines.

2 comments:

kuni said...

Did you shut down Myspace ?

Awol said...

No, Im still there but I dont blog