Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tuesday's thoughts

I was thinking again about who I am and who I want to be.

Things like:

Do I want a family? What role will I play in that family? Am I a stay-at-home husband who cooks and cleans? Or can I get a job that pays well enough to support my family and give them a comfortable life?

Questions, questions, questions

I kept thinking as I continued shaving my face (In hope of one day having a beard!)

Then I stopped and my thoughts changed subject a little

Do I want a beard? Can I commit to it? What will my family who still accept me as female think? Will my girlfriend hate it?

Then I realised I think too much and when you think too much, you forget what you have learned and you doubt the things you know and believe.

So I jumped on the internet to see what I could find about "Who I am" or "Who I may be"

And I found this -

http://www.vch.ca/transhealth/resources/library/tcpdocs/consumer/youth.pdf

Its really simple and easy to understand. I thought it was really good. I recommend you read it! PLEASE!!

Its for people who are unsure about their gender or sexuality. It explains things and gives possible courses of actions.

Its not just for transgender people but also for parents of transgender, friends, family, extended family, the curious and so on.


What Did I Learn Today

- I'm still growing. Both inside and out
- My problem is not a problem but a gift
- Someone will ALWAYS love you. Just sometimes you dont know it
- I should never forget the simple joy in life.
- I'm really bad at cooking

No comments: